Sunday, September 6, 2009

The End of a Lovely Weekend

So, it is Sunday night at the end of my first weekend off. I enjoyed doing almost nothing. I had to go to a meeting Friday morning and I subbed Friday afternoon, but after that I did only what I wanted to do.

On Sabbath, I visited the nearby Foster Church. It was fun to try a different church even though it's difficult for me to do things like that on my own. I met some nice people and ate lunch with them there at the church. Except for the greeter who said "Good luck" with a whole lot of sarcasm when I told her I was deaning at Pisgah, everyone I spoke with was friendly.

I spent the rest of Sabbath reading, sleeping, and watching movies that night. Lots of fun! Then today, I slept in and watched another movie. I began working a little after 5 and it was crazy until just now. The girls' club, which does something every Sunday night, was a bit unorganized. This led to my having to go supervise in the gym. That was sort of fun because I just shot around with a basketball. Then, we came back for worship, followed by a craze of high school girls lined up for snack foods, and then many a visitor to my office. It was fun to just sit and chat with several of the girls. It was definitely a hyper night. The assistant boys' dean and his wife came over to bring food to the girls in their faculty family and they stayed to chat, which was fun. I'm hoping to spend more time with them, because they are really great people. And now, the dorm has finally quieted and I think I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment