Sunday, September 13, 2009

Apartment Quirks

After living in my apartment for a month, I'm still dealing with its oddest of quirks. For instance, this morning while taking a shower, the water changed temperatures dramatically. It seriously almost burned me. It does that a lot and it has no preference on which ways it goes. Very unpleasant, but it definitely wakes me up.

Another thing about my apartment is the smell. It was there when I arrived and try as I might, nothing can be done to get rid of it. I have two wallflowers plugged in and several different, supposedly deodorizing, sprays. I am at a loss. It smells musty and old and the kitchen smells so bad that I spend as little time as possible in there.

And the most obnoxious quirk is the BUGS! So many bugs and they just keep coming. I have crickets, spiders, bees, and some that I can't identify. Seeing as how bugs give me the creeps, I'm really not enjoying that. And they seem to go in phases. Sometimes I won't see any bugs for a couple of days and then, there will be a few scattered throughout the apartment. I'm still working on bug bombing the place. Hopefully that will solve at least one of the apartment quirks.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Jess! Our kitchen smelled really bad at first too. I had to scrub out every single cupboard with Soft Scrub! Then it smelled like bleach for a few weeks...but that was better than mold. A skunk had also sprayed the day before we got here, so our whole place smelled like skunk. It's funnier now.
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete