Friday, October 30, 2009

Tales of Campus

A few weeks ago, I was sitting in the dean's office talking to one of the RAs. Out of nowhere, we heard a mighty CRASH! We look at each other and run outside to see what happened. We find glass all over the outside staircase that leads to the Senior hall. My RA runs up the stairs to find out who is responsible. I arrive on the scene to discover a hysterical girl. She is crying, yelling, complaining, and making her usual hyperventilating sounds. It took us more than 15 minutes to calm her down at all. I then spent another hour picking up glass in a very humid evening, meaning that I got all sweaty right before having to change and go supervise at Vespers. Overall, a very unpleasant start to that weekend.

Two weeks ago, we had our October homeleave, which I was on duty for. I had 6 girls in the dorm, 3 of whom had absolutely nothing to do. It was rather nice to have such a quiet dorm until Thursday night when the fire alarm decided to malfunction. It kept it up for the next 4 days or so, going off over a dozen times. We had four Sunday night/Monday morning alone. After the forth, which happened at 2:30 am, I didn't even bother to reset the stupid thing. It has thankfully been repaired and I haven't heard that obnoxiously high-pitched noise since! :)

This week has been terrible and dreadfully long! It has been THE WEEK of DRAMA!!! Can I say that any louder? I have felt an urge to pull out my hair and scream several times. By this point, I'm just plain exhausted! (On top of all the drama, I was practically an insomniac for the first few days of the week and I still haven't caught up.) The drama has consisted of girls fighting, screaming, and threatening to go home, with a dash of fraud and manipulation thrown in. I would never have believed that so much drama could fit into one week if I wasn't here dealing with it firsthand. It's gotten so ridiculous that the entire campus is talking about it. I'm so done! Thankfully, because of Halloween, at least half of my dorm is planning to leave for the weekend, which means a delightfully calm and happy weekend is hopefully in store for me. Being on this side, I really can't say for sure, and it definitely hasn't calmed down yet.
Pray for us all!

1 comment: