Friday, February 5, 2010

After months of contemplation...

Okay, well, not so much. I just didn't feel like I had much to say, so its actually more like "After months of silence...".

But anyway, it's February now and the day before I turn 23. We're having what weather reports deem a "wintry mix", which I take to mean everything unpleasant about winter thrown together in one day: snow, slush, ice, rain, cold, icy rain, and anything else you can think of. It's simply disgusting.

I have less than four months left in my school year and although I'm ready to head home, I'm not ready to think about leaving these girls. I've come to love them and I can't imagine not seeing them everyday. Plus, from my past experiences, I know how unlikely it is that I'll stay in touch with many of them and that is just down right sad. But, since I don't feel like thinking about that the day before my birthday, I'm going to move to a happier subject and share some of my more recent adventures.

Georgia, my cat, got an eye infection, which requires that I put goopy medication in her eyes twice a day for ten days. Let's just say, she's not a big fan of this. One of my girls has been helping me with this by wrapping Georgia in a towel, what we like to call a "kitty burrita," and holding on to her while I maneuver the goo. It's highly entertaining, but by the end I think poor Georgia's going to hate both of us.

I recently agreed to join one of this year's six mission trips. I am now the female sponsor for the trip to Portland, OR with about 2o students to help the homeless. We're going to be working with Bridgetown Ministries, which provides several services for the homeless of Portland. I'm really starting to look forward to the trip. I've never been on a mission trip before, so I'm excited that it worked out for me to go on one this year. Plus, several people have shown interest in making the much shorter trip to come and see me in Portland, which will be great! :)

Well, hopefully from now on I'll be better about keeping this up-to-date. If you check it and see me lacking, nudging is always helpful. :)

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, am highly interested in making the much shorter trip to Portland to see you. Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only it WAS a much shorter trip for us. Boo.

    Your cat story made me laugh. Hope things are going well for your 23-year-old self. :)

    ReplyDelete